Tuesday, October 7, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like fall...

One of these days I may surprise you and post more than just once a month!  I made a few things for my fall decor collection this year, but you may recognize a lot of it from last year.

I wrapped a foam wreath in burlap ribbon to start with.  I cut a twig off of a tree and hot glued it inside the wreath.  I made the 4 fabric flowers at the top and added the letters, as well as the banner.  I had found these cute owls at Wal-Mart and knew they needed to find a good home.  They are actually salt & pepper shakers. :)

I found this Indian corn at Hobby Lobby and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it when I got it but it was just so cute!  I am attracted to miniature things for some strange reason...  I put a candle in the middle of my Pampered Chef Trifle bowl and surrounded it with the corn and more twigs.

It is our centerpiece on our kitchen table.

 If you are a long time reader, you may remember when my awesome husband built me these planters last year for my mums.


And of course we have to have hay bales and pumpkins!


I believe my mantel looks pretty much the same as it did last year.  There may be a few differences.


Like this cute owl...

I'm not exactly sure what these dried pumpkin things are, but I do know that if you use a fall smelling oil in them, they are a fantastic addition to any centerpiece.

I made this a few years back, but I love to set it in my kitchen window as a good reminder everyday.

Corn is all harvested now, but we are still waiting for the beans to dry down.

One of my favorite things to do!  I LOVE riding with Jake in the combine, tractor, or whatever.  But I think an air ride seat or a buddy seat would be a good investment for us... 

We hope all of our farmer friends and family have a safe and happy harvest!  

If anyone wants to they can follow me on Instagram @JKKnobloch

5 comments:

  1. love your wreath !! you must've gotten the creative gene that I'm missing :-) love and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal! Random question and I didn't have your email. I'm going to ask for a cricket machine for Christmas and wondering what the best kind to get or what exactly to ask for? I haven't really experianced much with them, and haven't done any research on them either..but thought I'd start by asking you! :) Your fall decor makes me so excited for this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would actually go with a Silhouette Cameo instead of the Provo Craft Cricut... I have both and like the versatility of the Cameo so much more! It doesn't use a cartridge system so your options are endless. They both cost relatively the same. They are so much fun and you will love it!

      Delete
    2. jkknobloch@yahoo.com it you have more questions or maybe you just need to come out and visit!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks!!! {And yes well overdue a visit out west!}

    ReplyDelete