Monday, September 15, 2014

A Little Bit of Everything

Just wanted to give you all a quick catch-up on our life since it's been awhile and we've been super busy!

Rainbows always remind me of Noah's Ark and God's promise.
We started a remodel project.  We took that wall out and opened up the kitchen into the living room.  




This was my job.  If you use a black or brown marker on the cut edges before you put them up, you don't see the lighter edges of the trim.  I also got to run the nail gun a little bit :)  With supervision, of course.

Playing Jenga.  I can't play this game... I get way too stressed out!
My office for the afternoon and evening one day.  My job was to gather the hay bales with the skidsteer and put them in rows of 8 so when the trucks came back from each load, they would be ready to load and not have to go gather their load.
I actually really enjoyed running the Bobcat.  Shhh... don't tell Jake!

We went to West Bend a few weeks ago for a surprise birthday celebration for a special friend!
Working on lettering for a cake with Lizzy for a friend's 30th birthday.
Isn't that an incredible camera!  I know I say this every time I post a picture of one of her cakes, but isn't she amazing?!
Finished product with the lettering.  I ended up downloading the Canon logo and cutting it on my Silhouette Cameo out of white vinyl.  I also cut the "HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY SARA" out of vinyl.
I also designed and cut this with Silhouette Studio to put on a picture for my sister-in-law.
My sweet little niece!



In the midst of the other remodel project I decided that this red room that has been bothering me for 5 years HAS to get done!  After we were first married, I thought it would be great to have an all red guest bedroom...  The red paint I got was really runny and just dripped EVERYWHERE!  It was so bad, that I pretty much gave up and closed that door and no one ever stayed in there.  The floor had paint drips and everything.  So imagine a whole room like this picture.  I will hopefully be updating you on this room in the near future.
We started corn harvest!  I LOVE this time of year!


This runaway is the product of trying to tag her newborn calf.  She was NOT happy with us.  She put Jake through a fence and chased me around the garage several times.
Sorting cattle and tagging the babies.
I know this isn't a very good picture, but I wasn't going to take the chance in getting closer after the last run around.  We went out one morning to sort the calves off and this one was just being born!  I have only witnessed that a hand full of times and it's amazing every time.
We went on a birthday date for me last week to Topeka.  He wouldn't look normal at my camera, so this is the best you get.
Not sure what's going on with my pose here, but this is also as good as it gets.
We went to Red Robin and did some shopping afterwards.  As always, it was an awesome burger and sweet potato fries.  Have I ever told you how much I like sweet potato fries?  I kinda get excited when I see them on the menu!
We came home with several Hosta plants that were on sale.  Jake really enjoys landscaping and decided he wanted a Hosta bed.


So I think I have caught you up to date on our lives.  I am still working on the "red room" that I hope to finish this week.  I also did some t-shirt designing for the football and volleyball moms at school.  I am hoping to finish cutting them today and can move into fall decorations!  I am really looking forward to that!  Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment